Data Advisory for Federal Financial Regulator
Oakleaf provided a team consisting of industry subject experts and data science/analytics professionals to help stand up the reporting associated with the Federal Financial Regulator’s massive failed bank asset resolution program, which resulted from the 2008 financial crisis. The objective of these efforts was to explain the meaning and applicability of available data and leverage that data into powerful decision-support capabilities to ensure accuracy in approving $40+ billion of repayment requests by banks.
Oakleaf has delivered services to this Client in the form of Oakleaf-managed teams and client-managed supplemental resources. We implemented a human capital strategy tailored to an assessment of skillset gaps and based on continuous conversations in collaboration with hiring managers to ensure that the right talent was available as the project moved through its lifecycle.
Oakleaf’s professionals led the rapid development of actionable financial institution data analytics, quickly mastering the Client’s IT and data infrastructure and informing the Regulator regarding the implications of these new sources of data. Oakleaf worked closely with the business owners to understand and coalesce their evolving and complex business requirements.
Oakleaf’s team initially supported the client in an advisory capacity and progressed to lead data expert on assets data repository database elements and quality. Consultants helped define and implement business requirements for any Change Control Board-approved changes, coalesced IT and business teams to derive and implement the Regulator’s data standards to the assets data repository database, and proposed standards and analytics to optimize the calculation or definition of critical data elements.
Oakleaf’s depth of knowledge and cross-agency collaborative approach to executing agreed-to-tasks resulted in the rapid identification and development of a modernized analytics (future state) capability. We quickly prototyped new analytics routines for the Regulator’s use in the evaluation and assessment of the utility of the data, which enabled it to quickly start using available data analytics to ensure it remained relevant, user friendly, and accurate.
- Oakleaf delivered ahead of deadline on a 30-day requirement to provide the research supporting a Congressional request to the Regulator for a hearing on the economics of the bank resolution in U.S. regions.
- Oakleaf provided analytic methods to enable the Regulator to quickly respond to changing industry requirements to identify and implement mechanisms for tracking the maturity of servicing in loss mitigation activities.
- Oakleaf’s work helped institutionalize the analytics programs and created repeatable processes for applying sound report creation, management, and archival capabilities to ensure business resilience and sustainability.
- Oakleaf performed pro-forma and proactive analyses to derive the underlying changes to economic factors impacting the organization and, anticipating how the data sources would evolve, drove improvement in the client’s analytics capability.
- Oakleaf’s performance of a comparison of commercial real estate vs. failed bank resolution program performance, integrating external COSTAR data, generated results that provided the validity check to support the non-performing loans conclusions of the Regulator’s management team.
Our team and values work together to help clients succeed and deliver better outcomes.
Oakleaf is where employees can be themselves, do their best, and thrive at work and life.
Connect with our team to discuss how we can help your organization succeed with Oakleaf.
Some Of Our Clients
We serve many of the top financial institutions, agencies and GSEs, banks and mortgage companies.
Feel Free to Contact Us Now! Call us (202) 684-2800